I like to scan the For Sale forum on the BBS every now and then. Keeping up on going prices for empegs as well as what else is being offered. I just started thinking about something else: the people selling their units.

There are users from all walks of life and from pretty much every part of the planet reading and posting to the board on a regular basis. If you have to put things into their simplest forms however, I think a line can be drawn as to 'how much someone likes music the empeg way.'

Speaking on my own behalf: The empeg (riocar if you will) suits my need for music in the car so well that it would (will) influence my choice of vehicle. Don't get me wrong... I would never abandon the choice for a specific car to settle on some POS just because of an easy hookup and fitting. But I would make sure to get the empeg into the new vehicle. Whatever the cost.

The way I see it: Spending 100K on some new ubber-car is enough justification to spend an additional 5-10K to get a great empeg install. Even if the beloved empeg has to be fitted into a stealth location and outfitted with an external/remote display.

I do suppose that some have other concerns when it comes to vehicles, that they may not be able to make necessary mods for reasons other than finances (leased ride for whatever reason, fleet vehicle, exclusively ride a moped, whatever), but for me, there is simply no other product available that can replace the functionality of the empeg at this time. See a the "Long term value of an empeg" thread in the For Sale section for what would make for a future killer product.

Bruno