Last night I tried hooking up my Treo650 handsfree to my Empeg. The handsfree kit has a 1/8" plug for the speaker. I have a 1/8" plug to RCA adaptor to get the signal in to the Empeg from my handsfree kit. However when I did this it did not work. When ever I made a call I would get a loud crack from the speakers and then a lot of hiss. Also whenever I switched back to the radio or an mp3 then there was no sound and I would have to pull the Empeg out and put it back in to get sound back.

I searched for something with an RCA out last night but was not able to find anything to test out my AUX IN on the Empeg. I have never used it, bought my Empeg at least 3rd hand, so not sure if the AUX IN actually works on my sled. I was just going to try here to see if anyone said "hey your problem is...."

The speaker just isn't loud enough behind or under my dash on the interstate which is why I would like to run it through my Empeg. Also it would make my truck look a little better since to be able really hear the speaker at highway speeds I had to zip tie it behind my cell phone mount.