Hello all,

I have recently bought a new car, the old one was on its last leg and as much as I loved it, it was time to move on. Of course, my empeg stayed with me. My new car is a 2010 BMW 3 series with iDrive & Nav. The iDrive system plays Digital Audio (USB, etc), but compared to the empeg, it really sucks - It can't even handle gapless playback! So I'm looking for some way to integrate the empeg into my system. There is no good place to put the empeg in the dash, so here are a few ideas:

1. Mount the empeg on the ceiling - hard to see and control - may not even fit well, would probably look bad.

2. Use the Display extender and mount the display/controller below the DVD/CD disk interface - make it a custom fit. Mount the empeg in the rear and make all connections there. The face may stick out a little much and it would be pretty low to see.

3. Integrate with iDrive: This is probably more work than it's worth - but imagine: The iDrive has the best rotary controller I've ever used and it has all of the empeg input functioanly in one controller. The screen is in the right place. If the input of the iDrive monitor could be switched as well as the controller (like with a specialized kvm switch), this would work pertty well.

Last I heard, the visual output of the empeg was difficult to convert to other video formats. Also, not sure what needs to be done with the controller - if the iDrive system is picky about a kvm switch.

Anybody else think about this?
Still looking for a good way to install in a 2010 BMW 3 series with iDrive/NAV