Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#266748 - 05/10/2005 07:19 Donations for the operating cost of the servers
drakino
carpal tunnel

For the past eight years, Vito has been paying for the servers I have used for many of the things I have had hosted, including this BBS and also the RioCar.org site. At this point, it is not feasable for Vito to be the only person to bear the brunt of the bill. Thus, he has set up a reoccuring subscription system via PayPal to help pay for the server costs. Right now, about 73% of the costs are being covered already by this method from other people hosting content here. So, I am going to open this up to the members here to help get it closer to 100%.

This is completly voulentary, and for now there is no critical amount that needs to be donated to keep things running. Please do not feel pressured or obligated to do this, as I am sure things could be moved to someone elses hosting solution for free as well. I'll keep this thread updated with a running total of how much of the cost is covered as it changes,

The subscription links are available at http://nathan.perilith.com/~vito/.donation.html

#266749 - 07/10/2005 14:17 Re: Donations for the operating cost of the servers [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

For anyone who wants to just do a donation every once in a while instead of a monthly subscription, you may use paypal and send it to paypal @ perilith.com . Any extra money left over from each month will be saved to pay towards the next month.

As of right now, subscriptions from all the hosted sites on the machines are totaling around 90% of the expense.