Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#233459 - 14/09/2004 04:58 FS: 40 GB EMPEG
mrmunsell
journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
My 40 GB EMPEG is for sale.

Includes:
-One EMPEG with 40 GB capacity (20 GB x2)
-One original sled (with holes from prior install - see photos)
-One black sled (SPMicro, I think)
-One wire harness connected to original sled
-One blue lens installed
-One amber and one red lens (uninstalled)
-One blue EMPEG carrying case
-One EMPEG credit card remote
-One Kenwood credit card remote
-One Kenwood steering wheel remote
-One printed manual
-One EMPEG CD
-One RioCar CD
-Nine spare surface mount main board fuses
-NO USB CABLE
-NO AC POWER SUPPLY
-NO SERIAL CABLE

Notes:
-SN is 090001020. Date is 09/03/01.
-This has been sitting around since about January of this year, and I finally decided to go ahead and let it go. I powered it up this weekend and tested it, and it still works fine.
-There is a power supply and serial cable shown in the photo, but they are not included (sorry).
-One main board fuse blew a couple years ago when starting my car. I replaced the fuse and never had problems again. I bought 10 fuses at the time... so 9 are included with the unit. Photos from the replacement are here
-Original sled has been drilled on each side for installation.
-The shiny spots on the black sled are POR-15. The finish was wearing in some spots from regular use, and I had some POR-15 laying around, so I put some on, mostly on the interior. POR-15 is a brush on rust-protection coating often used in frame restoration, etc. It doesn't have a smooth finish, but it's fairly tough.
-EMPEG is missing external upper hard drive screws, as shown in photos below. One screw is missing from each side. They were removed to clear the screws used to mount the sled in a later install in my Insight (was originally installed in my priori car, a CRX). I had set them a side... but now that the time has come to sell, I can't find them.

In case you are wondering about the missing parts... I used to have multiple EMPEGs, one I used and a couple spares. Over time, I guess I misplaced some of the 'extra' accessories. I sold my spares to friends for cheap, and they needed full sets of accessories. I was holding onto this (in a box in my closet) just in case I changed my mind. So, sorry for the missing parts, this is everything EMPEG I have left.

I am in Los Angeles, CA, and will ship to anywhere USPS will deliver (at buyers expense).

Thought I'd offer it here before putting it on eBay. Make me a reasonable offer, and it's yours.

Edited by mrmunsell (14/09/2004 05:14)

#233460 - 25/09/2004 00:12 Re: FS: 40 GB EMPEG [Re: mrmunsell]
mrmunsell
journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
This EMPG is sold.

Thanks guys!