Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#240827 - 09/11/2004 16:00 Fans & Controllers (Europe)
mdavey
enthusiast

Loc: Wellingborough, UK
Hi,

I am now taking presales orders for fans, fan fixing kits and Benjammin's fan controller.
I am offering a 20% discount on the goods prices in this post for BBS members (and, yes, any new people registering may claim the same discount).
I am offering the 48 people that, as of yesterday, have achieved over 1000 posts (and usually have green names) on this BBS a 25% discount on the goods prices in this post. I have a list of the 48 people, so don't go posting like mad just so your count breaks the 1000 mark (but if you are close, send me a PM and I'll consider your request. Likewise if you have a red or blue name but less than 1000 posts).

I'm only offering items for sale in Europe. I only accept paypal or cheques in pounds sterling drawn on a UK bank. Discount only applies to goods, not to postage and packing.

Fan Controller
Board only £10
Kit £20
Assembed circuit £30

I hope to have the first controllers available within the next week or so (waiting for an individual to get back to me regarding assisting with a money transfer).

Fans
Refurbished Sunon KDE1204PFS2 - £1.60
Innovative SP401012 (2-wire) - £5.50 New price!
Innovative SP401012-MD (3 wire) - £9 New price!

The Sunon fan is 10mm deep and is on the limit of noise acceptability (27dB(A) - queter than most CD or DVD players and about the same as the wind-rush through the fan holes themselves), but is otherwise excellent value for money. I do not recommend that you use this fan if you have any intention of modifying the case fan holes. The throughput is 5.6cfm. Supplied with 70mm of 2-conductor flat cable terminating in a 2-pin molex connector.

The Innovative Industrial Co. Ltd fan is an almost identical specification to the ADDA AD0412MS-G70: 10mm deep and 21dB(A) - whisper quiet, not completely silent. The throughput is 6.2cfm (the -G70 is 5.8cfm) so you could reduce the speed to reduce the noise even further. Supplied with 150mm of 2-conductor or 3-conductor flat cable ending as pigtails. Note: the 3rd conductor (tach wire) is not suitable for direct connection to PC components (such as PC mainboard) due to non-standard voltage on this wire.

I hope to also have a 6mm deep fan available within the next couple of weeks.

Fan fixing accessories
pack of 4 anti-vibration rubber o-ring spacers - 3mm internal diameter - £1
pack of 4 anti-vibration rubber o-ring spacers - 4mm internal diameter - £1
pack of 4 plastic fan rivets (3mmx5.5mm) for fans with 3.1-3.2mm diameter holes - £1
pack of 4 plastic fan rivets (3.5mmx7mm) for fans with 3.6-3.7mm diameter holes - £1
pack of 4 plastic fan rivets (3.5mmx8mm) for fans with 3.6-3.7mm diameter holes - £1

Postage
For fixing accessories only - up to 3 packs - 50p UK, £1.00 Europe (Standard post)
For 1 fan or 1 controller - £1.30 UK, £1.80 Europe. Recorded and tracked delivery.
For 2 fans or 2 controllers or 1 fan plus 1 controller - £2.00 UK, £2.50 Europe. Recorded & tracked delivery.
For more than these quantities, please contact me for a price.

Profit
"Aren't you making a profit?". Yes, if I sell everything quickly, I'll make a profit. However, I am probably just as likely to make a loss. If I do make a profit, I'll either use the money to help finance future Empeg projects or donate it to contributors as I see fit.

Pre-ordering
If you would like any of the above items, please send me a PM with your requirements, your email address and how you expect to pay. At this stage, you are not committed in any way - you are simply reserving a place in the queue

Having seen some nasty problems with other members offering items for sale, I think it makes sense for me to spell out exactly what the oder process will be to ensure that everyone has the same expectations.

When I receive your PM, I'll send you an order number. When I am ready to fulfill your order, I'll email you and request payment. Please do not send payment before I request it. At this stage you may modify your order or simply let me know that you no longer want to place an order. If you decide to continue, I'll email you again when I receive the cheque or paypal payment notification.

Once your payment has cleared and within the following 3 working days I'll dispatch your goods and email you the tracking number. I aim to dispatch 95% of orders on the same day the payment clears.

To recap, you'll get four emails from me - your order number, a payment request, confirmation of payment received, combined confirmation of payment cleared and shipping details.

I'll respond to a PM within 48 hours. If I haven't replied within that time, please PM me again as something has gone wrong somewhere. I'll respond to 99% of emails within 4 hours if I am awake. If more than 24 hours has passed and I haven't replied, please either email me again or PM me (but not both please) as something has gone wrong.

I'll post on the bottom of this thread if I know I am going to be away for more than 2 days.

Edit: Updated Innovative fans pricing to reflect discount from distributor

Edited by mdavey (09/11/2004 21:48)
Ex-owner of stolen empeg #030102741

#240828 - 04/12/2004 11:08 Fans & Controllers (Europe, inc. UK & Ireland) [Re: mdavey]
mdavey
enthusiast

Loc: Wellingborough, UK
The fan controllers are now in stock!

Please remember to apply either 20% or 25% discount to the goods when ordering (see previous post for details), for example:

Fan controller kit + Innovative fan + rivets + spacers + 20% discount + UK postage = £24

To claim your 20% (or 25%) discount, please send me a private message detailing your order.
Ex-owner of stolen empeg #030102741