Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262286 - 05/08/2005 15:38 Serial# 00038 MK1 empeg up for sale (maybe) 6GB Blue Lens w/ extras
mzbagel
new poster

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking these forums on and off for a while. It's great to see the community that's grown up around the Empeg and Rio Car products over the years. I hope you're all getting as much enjoyment out of your units as I have.

For those of you wondering what happened to the first 100 units or so: Number 00038 ended up in my 1990 Honda Civic and served me well for the four years I had the car. I think I listened to the radio once that entire time, the rest was spent cycling through MP3s.

That car was donated a year or two ago, so I pulled the Empeg out and have had it sitting in the box since then. I've been debating whether I should install it in my current vehicle or sell it off. I thought I would post here first and see if there's any interest before going any further.

What I have:
Original Mk1 Empeg Serial# 00038 6GB Blue USA Model
Original Kenwood remote that came with Mk1's
Original Sled with all cables (used)
A/C Adapter, Serial Cable, and USB Cable

extras:
Second, brand new Mk1 sled with all cables
Additional lenses (blue, amber, red, and green if I remember right)

I'm not sure which revision of the software was loaded on the unit last. It's been a while. I'll power the unit up this weekend and get that information. I have an amber lens installed on the unit currently, but have the original blue, plus another new blue lens. This unit was opened once directly after I received it to reseat the hard drive which had come loose during shipment. Otherwise it is completely original and unmodded. I'll double check which extra lenses I have as well.

I'm willing to sell the sled and lenses off invidivually if there is interest. I'll give it a week here before I decide.
If you're interested, please bid.
Shipping with insurance + tracking will be extra and depend on your location.

Pics:
(moved to attachments)

Attachments
262091-img_2019.jpg (118 downloads)

#262287 - 08/08/2005 13:30 Re: Serial# 00038 MK1 empeg up for sale (maybe) 6GB Blue Lens w/ extra [Re: mzbagel]
mzbagel
new poster

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Some clarification:
Running version 2.0 software
Lenses
2x Blue (1 used)
2x Amber (1 currently installed)
1x Green

I've received a number of PM's wondering how much I'm asking. If you're interested, please post or PM me with a bid. I have no set asking price, but it's not going to sell for $100 either

More pics(post edited to fix links):
Top View: Closeup
Top View
Version
Serial

Edited by mzbagel (09/08/2005 01:26)

#262288 - 08/08/2005 22:15 Re: Serial# 00038 MK1 empeg up for sale (maybe) 6GB Blue Lens w/ extra [Re: mzbagel]
AndrewT
old hand

Loc: Oxford, UK
Quote:
More pics:
Top View: Closeup
Top View
Version
Serial

FYI, these image URL's are returning "403 Forbidden".