Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#330001 - 11/02/2010 17:10 Used Rio Receiver for cost of postage
plympton
new poster

I just unpacked some stored boxes from before our move, and I pulled out a Rio Receiver that I thought I sold before the move.

Works great, but I have 4 Squeezeboxes now, and no need for another zone (was using Slimrio previously). Curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to check how well they work, and I found -

1. Yes, the original 1.4 beta receiver software still works, even in Windows 7 (pro, 32-bit)
2. SlimRIO works, and works pretty good in my (limited) testing - even got it to play Pandora, which (I think) technically shouldn't work since it's not supported on a SliMP3.
3. Works for streaming (MP3) radio, my main use is OPB up here in Portland.

The nice thing about them is that the the integrated power supply and amplifier make a great sound station for a home office or bedroom. The downside is that you either use the original software (great, but limited), replacement software (buggy, unsupported), or SlimRIO (good, easy to set up, but funny display).

Photos/Videos here:
http://www.theimagedepot.com/p798332901

USPS Priority is about $15. Would be good to go to a good home. :-)

-Dan
plymptonia -at/ yah00 d0t c-m

#330275 - 20/02/2010 22:31 Re: Used Rio Receiver for cost of postage [Re: plympton]
benjammin

Loc: Champaign, IL
Did you find a home for this? The image link has no photo.

-Ben