Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#81746 - 18/03/2002 02:39 Search Question
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Hi,

On Search by Title, I have several songs with the same name, but they are by different Artists.

On the screen it shows :

Evergreen (3)

and I can only insert all 3 versions and Skip past the ones I don't want to hear. Alternatively I have to insert all the songs by the chosen Artist and Skip past the songs I don't want to hear.

I there anyway to get down to actual Track Level within the Search, so I can select the correcf track ?

Many Thanks

#81747 - 18/03/2002 06:27 Re: Search Question [Re: LTJBukem]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Currently, there is no feature that lets you sub-select search results.

There are a couple of work-arounds:

On my player, I work around this by tagging my tracks so that I can tell live versions and remixes from the original versions. For instance, I have:

Closer to the Heart
Closer to the Heart (Live)
Closer to the Heart (Live, DS)
(etc.)

This doesn't help if you've got several songs by the same title but are totally different songs. For instance, I have several songs named "Mother" on my player. The Police, Pink Floyd, Cyndi Lauper, etc. I haven't yet run into a situation where that's been a problem for searches, though.

The other work-around is to make your track selections from playlists. You can scroll through your playlists and locate the version of the track that you know is the correct one. Then, if you need to insert it, you can insert it using the hold-to-insert feature.

#81748 - 18/03/2002 06:46 Re: Search Question [Re: tfabris]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Thanks Tony,

Not sure whether my GF would get her head round that, but that would work fine for me, i'd just set a playlist that has all the versions of the songs she wants to hear every 5 minutes this week (and annoy the hell our of me), and just scan through that playlist.

This machine never fails to amaze me.
Yesterday, my grandmother was in the car (she's 82) and she couldn''t take her eyes of the Empeg. I said, there's 2000 songs on there, so she requested a song she liked and it happened to be on there. She was just so amazed to hear it playing 10 seconds later !