Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#103342 - 07/07/2002 21:16 I am sorry for not believing
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Someone slap me over the head! (I'm sure there's plenty of you who would like to)

I am sorry for doubting you all for oh so long. I am an EAC convert.

I was at work and used EAC to make rips of 3 Our Lady Peace albums that I had just bought for a trip for 4th of July weekend. I was only using BladeEnc but when I started playing the MP3's on the empeg in my car, it was a whole new experience. The quality of sound in my car stereo system has almost doubled. I had no idea Audiocatalyst was so bad. The tracks are simply cripser and clearer with EAC.

I had some minor problems with it, mostly with it's slightly unintuitive UI. Plus, when I would put in a CD, I'd click on the "freedb" button and absolutey nothing would happen. No matter, it worked when I selected it from the dropdown men (of course, I may be confused on what the button is supposed to do, but that would be the obvious answer).

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me get started with it. EAC rules!

#103343 - 08/07/2002 01:58 Re: I am sorry for not believing [Re: Dignan]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I can never get the freedb button to work. I generally dig through the configuration options and set it to always look up the CD if it doesn't know what it is. This works.

#103344 - 08/07/2002 05:01 Re: I am sorry for not believing [Re: Roger]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Open the Database menu, find the Get CD Information form menu item and open the sub menu. Click on Remote FreeDB item, or simply press Alt and G.

Andy M

#103345 - 08/07/2002 06:25 Re: I am sorry for not believing [Re: Dignan]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
The quality improvement has more to do with LAME than EAC, but welcome to the club! I took a long time to convert too. I think everyone debating in here over a year ago made VBR seem really complicated. Now that we have alt preset standard, it's easy!