Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#147943 - 11/03/2003 09:06 Satellite Radio
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Anyone have any opinions on either XM or Sirius satellite radio? I'm getting a sub and amps put in the RAM, (going thru the Premium Sound Package Infinity System amp ain't cuttin' it) and I'm considering getting a head unit with satellite radio as well.
Kenwood is running a deal right now where you get the Sirius tuner free with purchase antenna and/or head unit. (I forget exactly, but the Sirius tuner module is free.) The guys at the shop seem to prefer Sirius over XM only because Sirius is 100% commercial free. Costs a few $ more per month though.
So looking for opinions. Thanks!

#147944 - 11/03/2003 21:01 Re: Satellite Radio [Re: davec]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
I own and use XM, i havent really played with sirus too much. but i seem to like XM alot. From when i played with sirus it seemes XM has better channels, even thou some have comercials, those are the channels that are out of there reach such as MTV or CNN news, they have commericals becuase the stream they recive has them. Most of the music stations dont have any, and IMO player better music that sirus. But this is just from my experience.

Edited by justinlarsen (11/03/2003 21:02)