Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#153685 - 07/04/2003 11:07 Netscape mail question
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Is anyone familiar with Netscape that can tell me if there are "buffer" settings in Netscape that could be adjusted. The problem I'm having is that I have an outside program that sends outgoing email to my Netscape mail client. Netscape seems to overload at around 16-20 emails and then any further email crashes and goes into limbo until I attempt to re-start my PC. At that time, I am given the option of saving the email-in-limbo to the drafts folder for later. I'm assuming that my outside program is either sending Netscape emails too fast and it can't handle them, or that there is a buffer that is filling up and Netscape needs to have a new limit set. Anyone know for sure or have ideas?

#153686 - 07/04/2003 11:14 Re: Netscape mail question [Re: bodybag]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Are you saying that you have a program that uses Netscape to send emails instead of just doing it itself or using a more batch-style email program (like IndigoMail)? I'd say that that's a poor way to do it and would change it if at all possible.

#153687 - 07/04/2003 13:20 Re: Netscape mail question [Re: wfaulk]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Yeah, pretty much. Although I wouldn't say that it's really a bulk of e-mails. Typically, there are 3-7 Purchase Orders and about 20-30 Customer notices that get sent daily. I was going to switch to Outlook for the outgoing mail, but continue to use Netscape Mail as my own mail client.

#153688 - 07/04/2003 17:59 Re: Netscape mail question [Re: bodybag]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

You don't say what version of Netscape you're using, but you might try switching to the latest Mozilla 1.3. There have been a steady stream of bug-fixes in the mail client that probably haven't filtered their way out to a Netscape release yet.