Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#163922 - 03/06/2003 01:11 Is this guy one of Patricks (PCA's) relations?
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
In todays paper there is
This Story
about someone building a "missile" using Pulse Jet engines similar to the V1 rockets from WWII using components imported from overseas.

Made me wonder if he is not a distant relation of Patrick perhaps?

I also wonder at the reaction of the "authorities" over this story - there nothing particularly illegal with what he's doing, yet hes accused of "aiding terrorists".

I think the guys a nut to think the military are going to help him test the things though.

#163923 - 03/06/2003 05:25 Re: Is this guy one of Patricks (PCA's) relations? [Re: number6]
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
I don't think he's related, except in interests.

That said, I have said for years that you could build a cruise missile from the stock of a good RC model aircraft shop. In his case, he's using a pulse jet, which has the advantage of being simple, light, and powerful, but they are also very thirsty, and incredibly noisy. I'd suggest using a small gas turbine engine, which can be bought off the shelf for less than $2000. They can produce thrusts of more than 20kg, which would be sufficient to fly a 200kg aircraft. Use a nice carbon-fibre F16 model, with onboard flight stabilisation and guidance, and away you go.

The only thing I'm even slightly surprised about is that nobody has tried it yet.

pca