I know most people here probably don't buy music online because of the DRM and the inability of the files to work on our beloved empegs, but I have been downloading a few select songs for which I didn't want to buy full albums and then burning/ripping to get them into mp3s.

Well, I had a problem yesterday in which one of the wmas wouldn't burn correctly. In fact the DRM was getting all messed up so that it wouldn’t even play properly afterwards. I contacted customer support and they worked with me immediately (within minutes of my email) to try and resolve the issue. Unfortunately we couldn't get it fixed very quickly and I wasn't about to spend a couple of hours trying to get a $1 song to rip. For the record, I do believe the problem was on my machine, not a BuyMusic.Com problem, as my machine has been acting up recently. Either way, after expressing that I'd rather just not deal with it, they refunded me my money and apologized that I couldn't burn the song.

I was very impressed with this level of support: they were pleasant, helpful, and very, very fast at helping me. Even though $1 isn’t a lot of money, the principal was important to me and they really did everything possible to make sure I was happy. In a world where companies often disregard customers once a payment has been received, this was very refreshing. I just wanted to note this here as I felt this service was so exceptional that it should not go unmentioned.