Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#189009 - 10/11/2003 18:20 BMW 328is (E36) info/pictures?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
As useful as Google is, searching for BMW info has to be one of the biggest search pains I've gone through. Lot of irrelevant matches, mostly because there are so many useless web sites with BMW content.

I'm thinking of replacing my stolen Integra with a 1996 or 1997 BMW 328is (the coupe 328 model). I have yet to find a good picture clearly showing the dashboard and complete center console. Nor any good summaries.

Does anyone have any links they can share? "The Unofficial" BMW page has many links that sound promising only to take me to useless sites or pages that have long since been deleted (like the large collection of links from the BMW corporate pages - they don't keep their previous models listed). I've found some decent information on getting an aftermrket HU into the car as well as amps and I'm sure there are some details about speakers. But you'd think I'd be able to find a quick spec sheet? Nope. A list of all available options for thoe two model years? Nope. I'd like some info to educate myelf before I start going out to look at used vehicles. Need to know how one car stacks up to the next.

Any help greatly appreciated. Likewise if anyone has any empeg experience with any E36 model. I'm still wondering how I'm going to get CD playback AND the empeg into the car (the empeg will win out in a choice between the two of course).

Bruno

typos courtesy of wireless keyboard and misaligned receiver. and typing too fast for said receiver...

#189010 - 10/11/2003 18:43 Re: BMW 328is (E36) info/pictures? [Re: hybrid8]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
i just searched Sounddomain.com for '97 3-series and got a lot of hits for the 328is... see if this link works. You can just use the pull down to switch to '98. There's a bunch of good dash shots.

#189011 - 10/11/2003 20:55 Re: BMW 328is (E36) info/pictures? [Re: hybrid8]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

My fiancee's father has an M3 of the same vintage as the 328 you're pondering. If you want, I can get photos taken of the interior for you. Another good source for what options might have appeared on any given old car is cars.yahoo.com's used car guide. I don't see anything particularly illuminating about the car you're considering, though.

However, that car has essentially the same powertrain and suspension as my own car. I've had problems. Lots of them. Run away while you still can.