Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#194270 - 19/12/2003 08:31 One heck of a Thursday night
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Last night my girlfriend and my best friend AND I took a little trip to Baltimore to see a band that I've been waiting to see for almost 10 years: Mudhoney.

If you live on the east coast and like rock music, I highly suggest checking out one of their shows. It's not going to be easy, though. This was the first of only four dates their playing. For some reason they're doing three east coast shows and one in Seattle. Tonight they're in Philadelphia, then I believe New York the next night.

As an enormous fan of Seattle rock ("grunge"), this was a huge deal for me. I wish they were a bigger act, but seeing them in a tiny bar/club was incredible. We were right against the stage, we could touch their feet, and the club and the band had absolutely no problem with taping (video taping - we got it all on camcorder). I was even able to talk to Mark Arm (lead singer) afterwards and told him we'd send him a DVD of the show. I gave him a $5 bill to write where I could get in contact with him. So now I have Mark Arm's street address on a five dollar bill

The band played a high-energy two hour set, and rocked every minute of it. If you're free and live in PA and NY, check them out!

*edited to correct stupid word omissions*

Edited by DiGNAN17 (19/12/2003 13:34)

#194271 - 19/12/2003 13:29 Re: One heck of a Thursday night [Re: Dignan]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Last night my girlfriend and my best friend took a little trip to Baltimore to see a band that I've been waiting to see for almost 10 years: Mudhoney.

[silliness] I don't understand... why didn't you go with them? I thought you wanted to see that band. I guess if he's your best friend, it's OK to trust him with your girlfriend? [/silliness]

tanstaafl.

#194272 - 19/12/2003 13:32 Re: One heck of a Thursday night [Re: tanstaafl.]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
DAMN! I previewed! I reread!