Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#195053 - 26/12/2003 17:08 Engrish tlansrashun prease
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I recieved a case temperature monitor recently and the manual is quite amusing.
Can anyone make out what they are saying?

"shooting the trouble"
HUH?

Attachments
194036-engrish.jpg (90 downloads)

#195054 - 26/12/2003 17:37 Re: Engrish tlansrashun prease [Re: muzza]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
Thats pretty obvious what they are saying once you read the whole manual.

My take on this is:

1. Device monitors 2 sets of temperature and fan speeds, simultaneously.

2. & 3 - correct English.

4. When device detects "over temperature" the relevant LCD display will flash and audible alarm will sound.
To fix [aka shoot the trouble/troubleshoot] - Make "temperature" of the monitored device lower than original setting you set. Once this happens the alarm and flashing display indication will cease.

The [audible] alarm will auto-silence after 30 seconds, but LCD will display alarm condition until temperature reduces below original setting.

5. Low speed fan monitor - same as 4, but for fan speed.
Note: Fan speed has to increase above the setting to cancel alarm condition when it occurs. Audible alarm will silence after 30 seconds if fan speed still too slow.
Display of alarm confition will continure however until you fix [shoot the trouble of ] the fan speed problem.

6. If temperature or fan speed monitoring condition is NOT set, LCD display shows "--" for relevant condition, and no alarms will occur for this condition [either fan speed or temperature].

7. correct English.

Of course, once the over temperature of fan speed problem occurs, the first you'd probably do is shut the PC/Server down and investigate, so the unit will cease working [I assume its PC powered].

So the auto silencing/cancelling alarms is probably not so useful.
Also, seems a little useless that the device can't remember its settings between "resets".

#195055 - 26/12/2003 17:45 Re: Engrish tlansrashun prease [Re: number6]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
It is best read in a 'Mr Miagee' (sp?) voice tho.

I haven't had it do the alarm thing yet despite forcing it into an 'alarmed' state, and the lack of settings memory is a bit of a bummer.