Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#195076 - 27/12/2003 11:18 Cable TV digital music tuner
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
I've got digital cable and would like to use the digital music channels in other rooms as a source for various sound systems. Does anyone know if there are digital cable music-only tuners or if I have to get a full digital cable box for each room's system?

I've Googled and Googled with no luck, so I'm not hopeful. Thanks.

-Zeke

#195077 - 27/12/2003 12:06 Re: Cable TV digital music tuner [Re: Ezekiel]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ummh, put a digital cable card in a computer and stream from there?

#195078 - 27/12/2003 12:45 Re: Cable TV digital music tuner [Re: Ezekiel]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

I'm probably talking crap, but what about using a Rio/Dell Receiver after streaming the audio from a PC?

Edit: Wait... there would be no need for a receiver then. Um... I dunno, sorry! But I'm sure you could stream from a PC. Just have speakers in every room?

#195079 - 27/12/2003 15:11 Re: Cable TV digital music tuner [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
I don't really want to stream, new wires are a PITA, the cable is already right near where I need it to be and I don't always have a streaming server available (on) and my 802.11b is unreliable due to cordless phone and other interference.

Reliability is important as one of the soundsystems is my alarm clock (has an Aux input - Henry Kloss Model Three).

I do have a digital connection from my PC to main audio system, but my cable is wired to all the right places so it'd be easy to hook up. Besides the Mrs. likes some of the cable 'stations' quite a bit and prefers them to streaming the collection when people are over (less work).

-Zeke