Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#209627 - 16/03/2004 19:36 WAP browsers
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I am trying to find a wap browser for windows. I found WinWap but it doesn't work with the site I am trying to access. I also found some on-line sites that had emulators for different cell phones but I would rather have a downloadable program that just looks like a webbrowser.

If anyone knows of anything it would be great.

Matt

#209628 - 16/03/2004 20:26 Re: WAP browsers [Re: msaeger]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Ok I got winwap to work now I was trying to enter a letter into a field that only would take numbers DUH! But if anyone knows of any other good browsers if would be great.

Matt

#209629 - 16/03/2004 20:26 Re: WAP browsers [Re: msaeger]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Well, it tries to look like any of several cellphone models, but I use the OpenWave SDK for my WAP work.

The reason there are no/few generic "wap browsers", is that WAP is really only used on cellphones, with their very limited displays. So it makes sense to present a browser layout that resembles real life.

That said, any WAP one does MUST be tested on at least TWO simulators: one for OpenWave, and another for Nokia. The two "standards" are completely different in how they present certain elements. I find that at least two versions of WAP pages are required to work well for each type.

Cheers