Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#226256 - 10/07/2004 17:35 Need some pics of misc IR Remotes
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I'm in need of some digital images of various consumer electronic IR remote controls and hope a few people are willing to take a few minutes to photograph any they have and email them to me (or put them up in my FTP folder).

Multiple remotes in a single image is fine. It just needs to be high enough resolution so that I can see all the buttons and read all the text. If possible, including the type and make/model of component it's from would be ideal.

I've managed to get a lot of images over the past few hours, but I'm after a very large sample and trying to get things from around the world. So far I've only got ones from North America and the UK, with 2 DVD remotes from Australia.

Thanks for any help. All device types appreciated: TV, Set-top units & Cable Boxes, DVD, VCR, Amplifier, Pre-Amp, Receiver, Equalizers & Processors, CD Player, Tape Decks, Mini-Systems & Portables, Car Audio, Projectors, Monitors, Air Conditioners, Fans, Universal Remotes, etc. Old or new, doesn't matter.

Email can be sent to [email protected]
FTP: ftp://ftp.mypocket.com
login: remote
pass: empeg123

Bruno

#226257 - 10/07/2004 19:36 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Clearly this works into your scheme of total world domination somehow, but us mere humans can't understand the complexities of your diabolical plan.

#226258 - 10/07/2004 20:56 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

I've since managed to find a few good sources of images on the net. One of them I'm harvesting from right now. Tricky buggers are using some scripts to prevent saving off images... No match for IEBooster's "Show Images" tool though. hehehe.

This is my standard reply to someone who was asking me about the possibility of a new ATI Remote Wonder on the beta forum I run (they know I designed the software for the Mac version):

One of the things I'm working on, though not terribly exciting, is a collage of electronic consumption. This has nothing to do with ATI. I'm trying to catalog and display an enormous number of different remotes. I've managed to build a decent collection in the past few days. I also realized I had about 10 units in my own home.

Bruno

#226259 - 10/07/2004 22:04 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: hybrid8]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
I assume we found www.replacementremotes.com? They have quite a few there.

#226260 - 11/07/2004 12:15 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: lectric]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Hadn't found that site. And it's one of the better ones, thanks!

Bruno

#226261 - 11/07/2004 12:27 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: lectric]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
I assume we found www.replacementremotes.com? They have quite a few there.

Wow! They have the remote for my 20 year old Mitsubishi 45" big screen TV!

I would send you pics of my remotes, but I checked to see if they were on that site and all the ones I can think of are there, and in better quality than I could produce anyway. If I find any others I'll send them, though.

#226262 - 11/07/2004 13:17 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: hybrid8]
lectric
pooh-bah

No problem. Since it's just my wife and I at the house, we set the house up so that every TV in the house can see what's on in the living room and strewed remote extenders all over the place. I buy duplicate remotes there so I can control the Tivo and DVD player and such from the Bedroom or office withouth having to tote a bunch of remotes with me.

#226263 - 11/07/2004 16:33 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: lectric]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
What do you use as far as remote extenders go? Are they wired through your house or wireless?

#226264 - 11/07/2004 21:12 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: Dignan]
lectric
pooh-bah

Wireless, I believe they're Sony. Lemme check.

Nope. RCA Model D935.

The sender module has 2 IR transmitters, one on the little pyramid, and one that's on a 10' cord. Never misses.

Better yet, these are the full set and these are the extension modules.

Crap, Here is a better price.

Edited by lectric (11/07/2004 21:18)

#226265 - 12/07/2004 00:17 Re: Need some pics of misc IR Remotes [Re: hybrid8]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Thanks for the uploads and links guys. I think I have enough now to keep me busy. Through the Google image search I ended up finding a few obscure things I would not have found otherwise. Even some links for unreleated subject matter that I've saved for the future.

I've now found 3 huge original remote retailers with quality images, so I think I can stay busy harvesting for a few days. Taking a breather right now as I think I can feel the mousing hand about to fall off.

Bruno