Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#228202 - 23/07/2004 01:30 U2's unreleased album stolen!
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
If you haven't heard U2 was down in southern France last week doing a photo shoot and The Edge's personal copy of their upcoming CD was stolen. There is a note from the band on their website, and a good explanation here.

I think Bono's strategy if it does hit the internet is good. "If it is on the internet this week, we will release it immediately as a legal download on iTunes, and get hard copies into the shops by the end of the month." "It would be a real pity. It would screw up years of work and months of planning, not to mention fucking up our holidays. But once it's out, it's out."

While I am eagerly awaiting the new CD, I would prefer it released like the band wants. (Plus I hate to buy it twice because I know I would...(and I don't want AAC files that I can't play on my empeg!))

edit: BTW there are other articles on the subject linked off Interference's main page.

Edited by Waterman981 (23/07/2004 01:34)

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#228203 - 23/07/2004 13:52 Re: U2's unreleased album stolen! [Re: Waterman981]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Yeah, I was reading about that last week... a real bummer. I hope that most people that are fans of the band are also good enough fans that they respect the band's hard work.

You gotta hand it to Apple.. iPod and iTunes are just part of our language now like Rollerblade and Kleenex!