Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#242010 - 19/11/2004 21:08 Need a Few GOOD Geeks programmers and a Electrocal engineer
belezeebub
addict

Last night while I toyed with the computer for my car I was struck with an idea, I did about 2 hours of web research and no one seems to be making one.

I am looking for a GOOD programmer, someone that can write device drivers and a Electronics engineer, If I can make this happen and it works the way I think it would, it might save a few lives and be worth a few bucks.

I don't want to give away my idea but I need someone that can write custom Windows or CE drivers for embedded devices (Linux would also work and might be more stable)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#242011 - 19/11/2004 21:40 Re: Need a Few GOOD Geek programmers and an Electronics engineer [Re: belezeebub]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
ODB-2 application diagnostics software running on a handheld PDA running WinCE? Someone's beaten you to it. Tuning software for adjustment of ECUs? Difficult - almost untamperable.

Still, I am unemployed, and I can design hardware (I'm and electronics engineer) and write software on many different platforms. Me! Me!

Gizzajob, I can do that.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#242012 - 20/11/2004 03:05 Re: Need a Few GOOD Geek programmers and an Electronics engineer [Re: schofiel]
belezeebub
addict

Nope it is not a ODBII running on palm. I don't want to give it away right now but I am building a marixices with what will be needed as far as logic. will post this week. UNtill I can nail down VC I don't want to let the cat out of the bag.

Here is some of the logic in a general manner so I don’t give away the idea
So far I am up to 600 events and event options

Turn on SW.
D1 Activates If D1 is less then Threshold then Display ER1
M=1 Activates

D2 Activates If D2 is less then Threshold then Display ER1
M=1 Activates

If GR = less then 3% then Display M2 and Do function N1 Display Result from N1

If R1 > Threshold then Display M3

Turn on IR1
V1 Switched to Main, S1 Activates, Output from S1 Overlays on V1 and M1, If DS 1 is less then Threshold then Display M4

SW=Switch
D=Device
E=Event
M=Modules (small resizable applets that display information)
ER=Errors

Edited by belezeebub (20/11/2004 03:34)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#242013 - 21/11/2004 18:17 Re: Need a Few GOOD Geeks programmers and a Electrocal engineer [Re: belezeebub]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Quote:
it might save a few lives and be worth a few bucks .... custom Windows or CE drivers

I'm not the right kind of geek for the job, but I'd like to beg you not to run something potentially life saving (and therefor possibly life threatening in the event of a malfunction?) on Windows. There are specialized embedded OSs for that sort of thing as well as more stable general purpose ones if you need that flexibility.

-Mike

#242014 - 23/11/2004 13:50 Re: Need a Few GOOD Geeks programmers and a Electrocal engineer [Re: mcomb]
belezeebub
addict

Embeded windows or Linux both have good and bad points but I'll leave this up to the people I hire to program it once I get my VC funding.