Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#254992 - 27/04/2005 18:54 Music DVDs (and DVD-A)
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I'm looking for good recommendations on 5.1 mixed music DVDs. I have the 5.1 mix of NIN - The Downward Spiral and love it. I also love my Underworld - Everything, Everything DVD of a live performance. You can hit the alternate angle button on that DVD and the view switches so that your TV displays what the view wall was displaying during the show! Cool.

One DVD that I'm looking at picking up is Speed Tribe. This DVD features race footage from the 2001 Le Mans race mixed to music by Front 242. Yeah, I love my electronic stuff!

Another one I'm looking at is Meat Beat Manifesto - In Dub 5.1. I don't know much about it, but it was supposed to be the 5.1 mix of the CD "RUOK?" but turned into a new dub album of its own.

Oh, I just saw this one at Best Buy today: Paul Oakenfold - A Voyage Into Trance but it looked like you needed 3D glasses to enjoy it... annoying.

Does anyone have any that they recommend? I'm not looking so much for music videos or accurate reproductions of live events as I am 5.1 mixes of music or cool visual mixes.

#254993 - 28/04/2005 04:16 Re: Music DVDs (and DVD-A) [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I have a bunch of DVD-A's, but none have much video content... if any.

The best I have are the Steely Dan's, the Bjork Vespertine, the Police, and Sting.

- Jon

#254994 - 28/04/2005 12:45 Re: Music DVDs (and DVD-A) [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
TheRhino

Loc: Aurora, CO
I'd have to go with Porcupine Tree - In Absentia. If you like that one, then get their excellent follow-up that just came out, Deadwing. The DVD-A for that will be released in May.