Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#278561 - 30/03/2006 00:05 Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I've been at this for weeks now but I cannot find anything that works for me the way I want. I have used DVD Shrink, DIKO, DVDStyler and have even ripped, converted to DivX and then converted back using DIKO+DVDStyler but no luck. I actually had a working result today but the audio was out of sync.

What I basically want to do is rip (i.e.) 4 Winnie The Pooh movies to my hard drive (this is the easy part). Then I want to use something like DVDStyler (I always get error messages when I go to burn/save the 'DVD' to disc) to make a menu with a picture in the background and four buttons to select the movie to play.

Sounds simple and seems simple... but when I try to do this with DVDStyler I keep getting an error almost right away.

(**ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Sample rate is greater than permitted in specified Level

Error executing of command: jpeg2yuv -n 1 -I t -L 1 -f 29.97 -j 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rene\Desktop\pooh test 2\dvd\menu1-0.mpg_bg.jpg' | mpeg2enc -f 8 -b 9000 -o 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rene\Desktop\pooh test 2\dvd\menu1-0.mpg_bg.m2v' --video-norm n --frame-rate 4

I am almost at my wit's end now, but I know this should be doable... and if anyone knows how to do it, it's likely someone here!

Thanks for any help!

Rene

#278562 - 30/03/2006 00:10 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: ShadowMan]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I'd try DVD-Lab. It will import the ripped VOB files directly (it will ask you if you want to demux them), but there you can author a new DVD.

It is really simple to use, and you can download a 30 day trial. The online resources are a great way to learn the program.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#278563 - 30/03/2006 01:28 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: ShadowMan]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
I use DVDshrink and Daemon Tools. Shrink everything and make an ISO out of them. then mount the ISO's in Daemon tools and run shrink again. you can pull from multiple disks in Shrink, so I pull title 1 from drive g, title 1 from drive h: and so on. it will then re-shrink them to fit on one DVD.

Daemon tools is an awesome piece of work, can emulate both CD and DVD from ISO. Works with all major copy protections, so I often rip my game CD's and just play off the ISO. Much faster, and I don't scratch the disks all up. Oh, and it's free.

It seems the new version tries to install When-U-save, but that is easily uninstalled without affecting the functionality of DT.

#278564 - 30/03/2006 01:29 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: Waterman981]
lectric
pooh-bah

I found DVD-lab to be exceedingly slow. It also had a problem with an Mpg that I changed the sampling from 480x480 to 720x480. It farked the audio sync.

#278565 - 30/03/2006 10:57 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: lectric]
ShadowMan
addict

Quote:
I use DVDshrink and Daemon Tools. Shrink everything and make an ISO out of them. then mount the ISO's in Daemon tools and run shrink again. you can pull from multiple disks in Shrink, so I pull title 1 from drive g, title 1 from drive h: and so on. it will then re-shrink them to fit on one DVD.

Daemon tools is an awesome piece of work, can emulate both CD and DVD from ISO. Works with all major copy protections, so I often rip my game CD's and just play off the ISO. Much faster, and I don't scratch the disks all up. Oh, and it's free.

It seems the new version tries to install When-U-save, but that is easily uninstalled without affecting the functionality of DT.

You don't even need to mount them as shrink will let you load directly from the video_ts folders.... however when I got to a certain point the files started getting bigger when using shrink and there's still no way to put a menu in using shrink.

Thanks all the same!

Rene

#278566 - 30/03/2006 13:41 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: ShadowMan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
The command that it's erroring on seems to be just trying to create the static image.

Hmm. Googling on that error message shows me a page that the DIKO guy fixed that bug in DVDStyler. Maybe use the DVDStyler that's included with DIKO 2.22 or later?

More research says that it's because the input image is the wrong resolution. See if you can change it from whatever it is (720x486?) to 720x480.

#278567 - 30/03/2006 18:37 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: ShadowMan]
lectric
pooh-bah

True, but I typically just make an ISO, one file is easier to manage then a folder with multiple files. To me, anyway.

#278568 - 03/04/2006 23:37 Re: Anyone know how to Combine Multiple DVDs to one Disc [Re: wfaulk]
ShadowMan
addict

Quote:
The command that it's erroring on seems to be just trying to create the static image.

Hmm. Googling on that error message shows me a page that the DIKO guy fixed that bug in DVDStyler. Maybe use the DVDStyler that's included with DIKO 2.22 or later?

More research says that it's because the input image is the wrong resolution. See if you can change it from whatever it is (720x486?) to 720x480.

I foudn the same info you did. I resized my picture, no luck. I used the included images, no luck. I tried running the DIKOized DVDStyler, no good. It's got stuff hacked out of it, like the "open" option.

Trying DVDLab now but I don't seem to be having much luck with that right now either.

12 days to go for the due date... time is running short!

Rene