Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#283759 - 30/06/2006 12:33 Google search results vary by time of day?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I had noticed a long time ago that Google results varrying depending on what "local" Google front-end you were using (like Google.ca versus Google.com) but I didn't know that results also varrying between day and night.

Using Google.com, during the day if you search for "twisted melon" my web site will come up as the fifth result. In the evening it doesn't seem to be on the first page of results at all.

At first I thought it may have just slipped off the results due to increased link relevance for the other results. But it has come back each and every day this past week. WTF?

Simply bizarre.

Bruno

#283760 - 30/06/2006 13:00 Re: Google search results vary by time of day? [Re: hybrid8]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
They might be doing that because people from around the world might be searching for different things during their daytimes, and many of them will be using .com unstead of .co.uk or whatever.

Just a guess.

#283761 - 01/07/2006 00:51 Re: Google search results vary by time of day? [Re: hybrid8]
Anonymous
Unregistered

That looks like a nifty little application you've got. Have you made many sales so far?

I tried downloading it, but I'm getting a 404 at the moment. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments
284063-Picture2.jpg (103 downloads)

#283762 - 01/07/2006 02:51 Re: Google search results vary by time of day? [Re: ]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
It's not officially annnounced yet, despite the press release and news on the site.

Haven't sent around any advertisements or anything yet for the site either. Had some serious hickups this week with the last bit of clean up and I have some vacation booked this weekend until next Thursday that I can't cancel, so it will only get up next weekend at the earliest. Something I'm pretty upset about, but also can't do anything to change.

#283763 - 01/07/2006 11:51 Re: Google search results vary by time of day? [Re: hybrid8]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Cool. I really like the look and feel of your site. Nice job.