Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#314886 - 11/10/2008 02:01 pyTivo
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm posting here because I know there's some people who use pyTivo, and the Tivo Community forums are being a bit unresponsive.

For some reason, since about last Thursday my Tivo became unable to see my computer. The Now Playing list shows neither the Tivo Desktop video folder nor the folders set up through pyTivo. All the proper services are running, Python is running, the pyTivoserver is running, and I haven't touched the settings for any of this in weeks. I know the Tivo has network connection because it's getting guide data and I can get Youtube videos, and I know my computer can see the Tivo because Tivo Desktop can see all the programs on the Tivo. But for some reason those folders just refuse to show up in the Now Playing list.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy, as I use pyTivo almost daily to tranfer vidcasts to my Tivo. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#314900 - 12/10/2008 03:33 Re: pyTivo [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If you havent already, try rebooting all of the devices involved, including and perhaps especially any wireless routers in the mix.

#314921 - 12/10/2008 13:00 Re: pyTivo [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Thanks, I tried that, but it didn't resolve it. It turns out that the problem was from installing a program called GBridge. I'd installed it to make it simple to remote desktop my parents' PC when they had a problem, and didn't realize it was messing up my Tivo stuff. It looks like the program installs a VPN adapter with its own IP address, which Tivo Desktop then used. I'm not sure where/if there's a setting in pyTivo for IP address, but it was definitely screwing that program up too. On Tivo Desktop I was able to choose the IP of the computer, but I'm not sure if it's possible in pyTivo, so I just disabled the adapter and it started working again.