Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#320015 - 04/03/2009 19:08 iTunes/iPod help
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

My friend has deleted her music from her PC by mistake. Her music is now only stored on her iPod. She wants to plug the iPod in and have the music copied back onto her PC and have iTunes working as it was before she deleted anything.

She brought her laptop in and I checked the 'don't automatically sync' option (if I don't it will just wipe the iPod won't it?)

But as I have no iPod and have never used iTunes I'm not 100% sure how to do what she wants. Can anyone recommend a way to get this back as it was?

#320017 - 04/03/2009 19:30 Re: iTunes/iPod help [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Lifehacker.com is great for tips like this. I think my favorite solution in that write-up would be Songbird. Simple drag and drop (or should be, I haven't tried such a thing myself).

You definitely did the right thing with that option. iTunes will definitely wipe that iPod.

#320019 - 04/03/2009 19:52 Re: iTunes/iPod help [Re: Dignan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Can't she just copy the songs back using iTunes itself as long as it's on the same machine that put the songs onto the iPod? Of course I won't be surprised if you can't.

Other than that there are plugins for Winamp, Songbird as Matt suggested, Xpod, Anapod, and probably at least half a dozen more. For Windows and Mac OS.

Senuti for Mac OS works as advertised with an iPod Touch. You may need to use WinAmp with a plugin for the Touch under Windows.

#320035 - 05/03/2009 02:52 Re: iTunes/iPod help [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: Phil
Can anyone recommend a way to get this back as it was?

Here are some places to look:

TouchCopy $25
YamiPod $0
SharePod $0
iPodAccess $20
Senuti $18 (Cute... ituneS backward)

Any one of these should do what you need.

tanstaafl.