Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#350418 - 27/02/2012 03:56 Question for Chrome users on Windows
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
This has been driving me crazy, and I can't seem to adjust my Google searches to figure it out. It seems to me like Google has changed something in a recent version of Chrome, and I want to see if it's just me or for everyone.

But let me go back. In Windows, when you're working in text, say you're at the beginning of a line, and you want to skip forward to the middle using the keyboard. Most of the time I use Ctrl+RightArrow to skip forward word by word.

Now, in Windows, the behavior has always been to put the cursor at the start of the next word. In Google's Chrome browser, the behavior was always to put it at the end. There are things I appreciate about both ways of doing it, and I've gotten used to it over the time I've been a Chrome user.

However, within the last week I've noticed that Chrome now mimics the way that Windows does this.

Mostly, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing, to prove that I'm not crazy. Or, at least to make sure my computer isn't the batty one, could you Chrome users test this out and see how it works for you? If you need me to better describe what I'm doing, let me know.

#350420 - 27/02/2012 05:37 Re: Question for Chrome users on Windows [Re: Dignan]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues...Owner%20Summary

Someone else appears to have noticed...

#350430 - 27/02/2012 11:40 Re: Question for Chrome users on Windows [Re: altman]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Ah, excellent. It looks like someone from the Chromium team has at least acknowledged the "issue," unlike every other bug I've been involved with at code.google.com frown

There's one annoying bug with Google Calendar and Android that people have been trying to get their attention about since 2008. Eventually they just came by and closed the bug report without explanation and told everyone to go to the Google forums with the issue. There was already a thread about the issue there that's been going on nearly as long, and nobody from Google will acknowledge that one either.

I clearly love a lot of things about Google, but customer support is not one of them. It's nearly nonexistent frown

#350583 - 06/03/2012 21:47 Re: Question for Chrome users on Windows [Re: Dignan]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
My favorite Chrome bug that I think has now been fixed is that if you hold the F5 key it will issues hundreds of refresh requests per second. Once one of our campus websites basically went down because a student machine on the LAN did this (either knowlingly or unknowlingly).