Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#351199 - 29/03/2012 14:40 Anyone else notice iOS/iCloud Push stops working?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Calendar Push from iCloud seems to stop working on my iPhone some point after the iPhone has been on for some time. In other words, if I turn it off and restart (cold boot) it works, but will eventually stop working at an indeterminate time.

Running iOS 5.1 with only a WiFi connection.

I've found a number of discussions elsewhere about this issue, but I hadn't noticed anyone else mentioning WiFi specifically.

Edited by hybrid8 (29/03/2012 14:41)

#351200 - 29/03/2012 16:22 Re: Anyone else notice iOS/iCloud Push stops working? [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

I've not had any recent problem with my iPhone calendar, but I'm using Google Calendar rather than iCloud.

My only issue I ever had with push failing was when I upgraded the iOS on the device. The upgrade replicated all my calendar settings but not the google calendar *password*. So it looked like all the calendar stuff SHOULD have worked when I browsed the settings, but it Just. Wasn't. Working. I never saw an error message saying that the password was failing. Eventually I poked at the menus and settings enough to get the thing to prompt me for the password again, and after entering the password, it's been working flawlessly ever since. But it was odd that it didn't prompt me for the password at first, it just silently failed until I poked hard enough.

I know that's not your issue, but I recount it here in case it might help someone else, or perhaps offer additional insight into why a different calendar might not synch.

#351201 - 29/03/2012 18:47 Re: Anyone else notice iOS/iCloud Push stops working? [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I didn't have any such issue when I was using Google Calendar sync via Exchange either. Even though it had onerous setup procedures that required you to go to some silly mobile URL using the actual device to turn something on/off. But that's par for the course with Google stuff. Awkward. smile