Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#92497 - 08/05/2002 06:42 Portable MP3 Player for the gym
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
I am looking to get a portable MP3 player to take to the gym with me and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a low cost one that will do the job. I have been looking around and I found the Samsung YP-20T Mini YEPP for around $80. I realize that it lacks many of the features of the more expensive, high end players but it seems like it will do what I need - play music for a couple of hours a night so I don't have to listen to the junk that the gym is playing.

Can anyone comment on the Samsung player or have any others that they would suggest?

And also, just out of curiosity.... Why do the MP3 players with radio tuners only get FM? Why don't they put an AM tuner in there as well? I would be more inclined to by a higher end player if it had an AM tuner so I can listen to baseball games.

#92498 - 08/05/2002 07:08 Re: Portable MP3 Player for the gym [Re: dmob]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
If you need to buy a product right away then I don't have anything specific to recommend, otherwise watch this space.

Putting AM inside a digital device presents a much greater set of problems than FM. I'm not aware of any portable MP3 players that include AM.

Rob

#92499 - 08/05/2002 07:11 Re: Portable MP3 Player for the gym [Re: rob]
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
ummm, might I ask how long I would have to wait?