Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94301 - 17/05/2002 07:20 Rio Riot broken?
dschuetz
new poster

Well, I just received a Rio Riot yesterday (bought sealed off eBay), and I think I've got a problem.

Firstly, it was "flaky" in its power connection. I would plug in the adapter, but still get the "battery is very low, plug in the adapter" message. I finally managed to get it to work, and got the battery fully charged.

This morning I was having some problems with the interface with my PC. I ended up removing and re-inserting the USB cable in the back of the computer, and when I picked up the Riot to power it on again, it won't come on. I've left it off for several minutes, but moving the power switch to on doesn't change the blank screen. I can't see any activity on the screen at all -- not even a faint image.

I've also tried this with the adapter plugged in, and still no luck.

Is it possible that the USB cable somehow caused a short that damaged the unit?

I've sent this message to the customer service email address at SonicBlue, but I was wondering if anyone here had had a similar experience, or if they could suggest anything else to try. I waited a week for this, and now I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait several more weeks while it gets fixed. (Unless the nice people at SB can simply send me a replacement unit... )

#94302 - 17/05/2002 07:43 Re: Rio Riot broken? - Fixed [Re: dschuetz]
dschuetz
new poster

Nevermind, I noticed a tinly little reset button hole on the back. Pressing that seems to have brought it back to life.

Thanks to anyone who was looking into my problem (if anyone's even read it already).

david.