Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#111189 - 16/08/2002 11:26 Another Waaay Off Topic
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
This is the weirdest request I've put on this board, I'm pretty sure.

I need to know where to buy a wig.

Seriously, it's weird, but I'm getting a jumpstart on Halloween this year. It's my senior year of college, and I throw a halloween party at my house every year to which about 80 people come all dressed up. What am I going as? Rob Zombie.

Hells yes. What better Halloween costume is there? Well, there's probably a lot, but not for me.

I tried to do it last year, but the only dreadlocks I could find were from Spencers and were attached to some golf-hat-joke. There weren't even a lot of them. So I need to find a wig with absolutely crazy Rob Zombie dreds. The basic look I'm going for can be seen at Rob's web site. Probably not the eyes, but the rest of it. I've got quite a large goatee going, so that won't be a problem.

The other main thing I need to get is a large, long, black robe or jacket. Something floor-length. I've looked in the thrift shops around here, but they would never have anything like that.

I can't seem to find any costume shops online, or this might be easier. Any ideas? Sorry for the completely random post.

#111190 - 16/08/2002 11:40 Re: Another Waaay Off Topic [Re: Dignan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
This reminds me of when I was a Hasidic Jew one Halloween. Since I have long hair, I had my mom curl the sides. It looked really cool. I know it's not PC, but it was funny as hell.

#111191 - 16/08/2002 11:53 Re: Another Waaay Off Topic [Re: Dignan]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

There are a few possibilities for the robe, depending on your budget. For the low budget, you can see if you can find a decent graduation robe from a college that uses basic black. If you want something a bit more substancial, you can check out some of the SCA costume places. Moresca is one catalog place that jumps to mind. Just look for "society creative anachronism costume cloak" in google.