Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#180178 - 22/09/2003 08:15 Amersfoort... no, the next one.
mwest
old hand

Loc: Ada, Oklahoma
My new occupation is much more sympathetic to week long trips. However, I've never traveled outside the U.S. Its not so much the actual travel that I'm worried about. How much did it cost for people from the US to go last year. How much did airfare, exchange rates, etc. affect the stability of figuring a total price tag? Any help as I plan would be greatly appreciated.

#180179 - 22/09/2003 08:37 Re: Amersfoort... no, the next one. [Re: mwest]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
My airfare leaving from New York was $687.64 flying Continental Airlines. This is considered cheap, but I think I could get close this price again for next year's meet. Hopefully the date is announced earlier this time to take advantage of better off-season pricing.

The hotel was inexpensive (I thought) and I think it worked out to $65-70 per night. Most meals were pre-paid and I think were very reasonably priced. The ribs and bar night wasn't pre-paid though and that turned out to be quite expensive (70 euro I think), but it was still worth it. RobS and RobV were shocked at the price and sub-standard service, so I think that place is off the itinerary for next year.

Overall, this meet rocks and I think it's well worth the price of admission. I am 99% sure I will be back next year.

#180180 - 22/09/2003 10:57 Re: Amersfoort... no, the next one. [Re: mwest]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Darn, and here I was thinking this year was "the" year to go.