Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#180262 - 23/09/2003 01:10 western union class action suit
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
Anyone else receive a letter from US District Court NY?
I received a couple, I’m in New Zealand.
About the Western Union Money Transfer Litigation, something about them receiving a more favourable exchange rate converting US dollars to foreign currency & foreign currency to US dollars than they provided to their customers. The suit alleges that these misrepresentations or non-disclosures occurred in their advertisements and at the time of each international money order.

I used thier services to transfer money to US twice in the last year.
The short of it is that there is a settlement and this will be provided by way of coupons which may be applied towards the transfer fee of any Western Union money order. An estimated max total to be at least $47.5 million. Each coupon in US is worth $4.00 and $3.25 internationally.

So I'll get two NZ$3.25 coupons yay! :P

Jai

#180263 - 23/09/2003 04:55 Re: western union class action suit [Re: JaBZ]
new_guy
new poster

Loc: Scotland
Yup I got mine yesterday (I'm in UK). I got a fright when I saw it, I thought I was being charged with fraud or something at first!

I made one transaction, so I am entitled to nothing, oh well.

#180264 - 23/09/2003 06:10 Re: western union class action suit [Re: new_guy]
g_attrill
old hand

Loc: Hants, UK
Got one here in the UK yesterday as well.

I opened the door and my dad said "you've got some court papers there". I immediately shat my pants 'cos I had a little trouble with Customs and some firearms a couple of months back - but I saw the envelope and realised what it was about.

I commented "I'll probably get a $5 voucher or something" and then pissed myself when I read the settlement proposal!

Gareth

#180265 - 23/09/2003 06:29 Re: western union class action suit [Re: JaBZ]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Don;t you just love class action settlements?

"Yeah we screwed you so to make up for it we have been ordered to offer you money off our products/services while we screw you some more."

Only lawyers come out ahead in a class action suit.

That reminds me, where is my CD settlement check? I need some smokes...

#180266 - 23/09/2003 07:12 Re: western union class action suit [Re: new_guy]
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
yea gave me a fright but then I looked at the envelope and thought hmmm from the US, it's prob a scam or if it's real then fcuk it they can't do sh1t to me here

#180267 - 24/09/2003 03:17 Re: western union class action suit [Re: JaBZ]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
I'm not part of the Western Union one, but I got some papers about some SBC Hi-Speed internet thingie. That was about a week and a half after the RIAA issued all those subpoenas. Eeek! (Although, I haven't run a P2P app for several months, now.)