Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#183974 - 09/10/2003 18:53 2nd Annual Southeast Datsun VIR Meet
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
2nd Annual Southeast Datsun VIR Meet - Bring your Datsuns out for a weekend of discussions and bench racing with fellow Datsun afficionados from DC to FL and elsewhere at the beautiful Virginia International Raceway (VIR) outside of Danville, NC. Please join us even if your car/truck/roadster/z-car can't make it. Last year we had a few 510's and even a 521 truck. This is an informal event and not sponsored by VIR so just show up and enjoy the Datsuns and the races . Weekend track prices are $25 for Friday - Sunday with a $10 camping fee. No ground fires or glass bottles but charcoal grills are allowed. We will have our large charcoal barrel grill out there on Saturday night to burn your favorite meat substances. Golf carts are available at the track for $75. Lunchtime parade laps may be available on Saturday and Sunday for a fee.
When - October 10 - 12, 2003. Look for the Datsuns after you cross the raceway bridge near the paddock entrance .

Directions - See the Virginia International Raceway (VIR) website at www.virclub.com. Event info - http://virclub.com/pages/eventInfo03/svra03.htm . VIR s only a hour or so from the Triangle and the Triad and 2 or so hours from DC.

Lodging - Camping is encouraged at the track with us but there are hotels in nearby Danville, NC. We plan on camping on Saturday, depending on the weather of course .

I will even have my Datsun 510 up there all weekend with a slick empeg install.

Sean in NC

80gb MK2a empeg spare

#183975 - 10/10/2003 06:38 Re: 2nd Annual Southeast Datsun VIR Meet [Re: Micman2b]
Dylan
addict

Loc: Virginia, USA
I have a fond spot in my heart for Datsuns. My first car was a 200SX. It was an '83, I believe. It was the last year they called them Datsuns. My parents had a several Datsuns in the 70's (Including a 510 wagon, I think. Did those exist?) I remember the cars being equal parts Bondo and paint on the outside with a distinctive old car vinyl smell on the inside. They had no A/C, of course, and those seats got hotter then balls. But they ran forever. The wagon was given to a relative and was still running well into the 90's when he donated it to charity.

-Dylan