Having recently dug up my You Don't Know Jack discs, I decided to find out of a new version existed. And sure enough, one does, and proof that the company does more then just games.

iCi is the technology behind the games, and is also useful in quite a few other situations. I'm wondering if anyone has come across any of this tyoe of thing in real situations, and how well it worked.

Personally, the closest thing I have used are some of the new phone menus out there that rely more on your voice then they do pushing numbers. HP uses these in a few places internally and externally, and Apple does as well for product support routing. Overall, they seem to get the job done, but don't provide anywhere near the interactivity of the demos there. I was really impressed with their computer ordering system demo. If a real setup like that existed, I would much prefer pointing friends to it to buy a system over the mostly clueless people working in stores like CompUSA. It still has the exit points to real people if needed, but otherwise can contain a decent amount of suggestions for most people.

Anyhow, this concludes my random post, started all by a random urge to play a game early in the night.