Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#209272 - 14/03/2004 21:22 New toy!
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Woohoo! So, after about 3 years of desire, and about 8 months of actually looking, I finally got a new toy.

Cannondale R2000 frame, wrapped with mostly Campy Record doodads. The frame is my second ever Ebay purchase, the first being my empeg. Here's to having as much fun with this as I've had with that!

Attachments
208360-toy1.jpg (80 downloads)

#209273 - 15/03/2004 00:55 Re: New toy! [Re: canuckInOR]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
That be a very nice looking toy and fast by the looks of how short it is have fun

#209274 - 15/03/2004 22:07 Re: New toy! [Re: canuckInOR]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
My road bike (titanium frame, Specialized tri-spoke carbon fiber wheels, Dura Ace components) used to be pretty fast, but I think something's gone wrong with it. Over the past few years, I've noticed it just keeps going slower and slower. Hills I used to be able to go up in a 42x15 now require a 42x21.

I'll bet there's been tectonic shifting and the hills are steeper now. Yeah. That's gotta be it...

tanstaafl.

#209275 - 16/03/2004 12:13 Re: New toy! [Re: tanstaafl.]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
i will admit to loveing anything that is light wieght and quick be it car,bike or boat

#209276 - 17/03/2004 02:14 Re: New toy! [Re: thinfourth2]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

That be a very nice looking toy and fast
Well, it sure looks fast, but that's only because I'm not on it. It'll only go as fast as I can pedal, unless there's a big hill in front of me.
by the looks of how short it is
It's actually not short at all -- it's a 63cm, which is the largest production sized frame that Cannondale makes. If I weren't so dang tall, it probably wouldn't have taken me so long to actually buy one, as smaller sizes are much easier to come by.
have fun
That, I'll most certainly do, thanks!

#209277 - 17/03/2004 02:24 Re: New toy! [Re: tanstaafl.]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

My road bike (titanium frame, Specialized tri-spoke carbon fiber wheels, Dura Ace components) used to be pretty fast, but I think something's gone wrong with it. Over the past few years, I've noticed it just keeps going slower and slower. Hills I used to be able to go up in a 42x15 now require a 42x21.
That reminds me... I have an English threaded Dura Ace bottom bracket for a triple ring crankset that I need to sell (it came in the frame).

I'll bet there's been tectonic shifting and the hills are steeper now. Yeah. That's gotta be it...
Well, you do live where there's a fair amount of cyclical ground freezing/thawing. If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I've lived where there's snow), that does cause a fair amount of ground upheave, so the hills probably are getting steeper.

I bet you'd be able to go faster if you shaved your legs. In the summer, anyway -- I doubt shaved legs would have much effect if you're all bundled up against the cold.