Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#211315 - 27/03/2004 11:24 DirecTivo Seris 1 - getting rid of yours?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Back in some of the TiVo threads people were mentioning upgrading to various series 2 boxes and HDTV models... A good friend is looking for a series 1 box (Philips DSR6000 or Hughes GXCEBOT) and I thought I would see if anyone on here was planning (or willing) to sell their unit?

I finally set mine up last month and it's been running like a champ with a 200GB drive in it - had to put in an LBA48-aware kernel.

Thanks - now I have to run (my GF is threatening to kill me for being on the computer right now - the things I do for friends)

Bruno

#211316 - 28/03/2004 10:03 Re: DirecTivo Seris 1 - getting rid of yours? [Re: hybrid8]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Yeah, I'm considering selling my GXCEBOT. I've had nothing but problems with it since I got it and things aren't getting any better now. It used to intermittantly go dead and I figured it may be a bad HD. Put in a new 120gb drive and that didn't fix it, same problem. Then I thought it was the power supply, it tested OK so I was at a dead end and just put the unit away and didn't use it for a while. Recently I thought I'd get 'er back out and see if I could fix it, and I did!!! It was the parlex cable from the power supply to the mother board. Popped a new one in and it worked .... that lasted about 2 weeks and now it's dead again . I'm sick of this thing. I looked forward to it's flexibilty and video extraction ease, but the constant headaches are too much. The only reason I haven't just gotten rid of it yet is 'cause I know I'm gonna get raped on the sale price since it won't power up now. Plus I've got some video on it that I wanted to keep and I figured eventually I'd get around to removing it from the drive. After all this, let me know if you're interested

#211317 - 28/03/2004 14:10 Re: DirecTivo Seris 1 - getting rid of yours? [Re: hybrid8]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I could sell my old Hughes GSCEBOT, but it doesn't boot up completely. ("Just one more second... *boom* Repeat.) As such, I could stand to part with it cheap. Right now, I'm thankfully borrowing robricc's spare Philips DSR6000, which is keeping me going while I wait for my HDTV box to arrive. (They jury is still out on when that day might be...)