Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#240941 - 10/11/2004 17:51 Help needed, UK Manchester/Derbys area
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
As you may or may not know, the major reason why I disappeared from the scene last year was that The Poison Dwarf initiated divorce proceedings.

After a pretty horrible scrap, she's now back in the UK with my two boys (someone with clear mental health problems is adjudged to be the better carer for two sub-teen children. Yeah, right - now that is discrimination in it's most basic form on the basis of sex alone).

I'm about to go over on my first monthly visit to see them in Buxton, and could do with a bit of local help.

I have a choice of places to fly in, Machester, Nottingham, Leeds or Liverpool (from Amsterdam. Main problem is that by flying in, I have no transport. I've been out of the UK for so long I have no idea about the prices of car hire, costs of B&B, etc.

If anyone has any info about any of these things or can point me at links for local places, I would appreciate it. Either post here, PM me or mail me on [email protected]

Thanks!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#240942 - 10/11/2004 18:10 Re: Help needed, UK Manchester/Derbys area [Re: schofiel]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
You have a PM

Andy M

#240943 - 10/11/2004 19:48 Re: Help needed, UK Manchester/Derbys area [Re: schofiel]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
I get the keys to my new house on the 26th, should have a really nice sofa bed insitu by the 3rd of December, Only a short trip for me to pick you up from Leeds Bradford Airport, and on good bus links to get into town cheaply. I'm not sure about car hire near the airport, I imagine there is, but there are plenty in Leeds I can drop you off at.

There will always be a bed here for you if needed

Cheers

Cris.

#240944 - 10/11/2004 20:30 Re: Help needed, UK Manchester/Derbys area [Re: Cris]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
I'd only add to that, the jet2 service, leeds to amsterdam is hard to beat, and your shortest route, and you can also have a bed here at anytime.