Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#260598 - 15/07/2005 20:15 Bone: The Adventure Game
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Wow! The guys over at Tell Tale put up the teaser trailer for Bone, the game I've been working on from home freelance style, to conincide with Comic-Con. So you all can see what I've been up to other than paragliding.

Go to this page and click the "Play Trailer" button.

http://www.telltalegames.com/bone_the_game

I'm super impressed. I've just been spitting out animations, a ton of which are in the trailer, with little context and it's so awesome to see the all coming together in a story form. MAN it looks good. Those guys at Tell Tale are some talented mo fo's! All of you LucasArts adventure game fans will love this game. Almost everyone at Tell Tale are ex Lucas folks, and many of them were on Sam and Max 2 when it got canned.

#260599 - 15/07/2005 20:21 Re: Bone: The Adventure Game [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Looks like the business.

I've always loved adventure games, it's great to see that the genre hasn't been abandoned.

#260600 - 15/07/2005 20:53 Re: Bone: The Adventure Game [Re: loren]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Sweet! I remember when Bone hit the comics shops. It was like the second coming. You haven't gotten to work with Jeff Smith at all, have you?

#260601 - 15/07/2005 23:55 Re: Bone: The Adventure Game [Re: wfaulk]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Tony: It's going to be an episodic release, so a few chapters at a time... which is what was planned for Sam and Max but LA was scared of the untried distribution method.

Bitt: I haven't gotten to work with him directly, but indirectly. He's commented on a few of my animations here and there... and my lead and the team talks to him fairly often I'm told. He is highly consulted on design and color and modeling, etc...

#260602 - 16/07/2005 18:14 Re: Bone: The Adventure Game [Re: loren]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Bookmarked, and spammed, err, forwarded to a few friends.

Glad to see that the people who left LucasArts aren't letting their talents go to waste. Sometimes getting out from a company is the only way to keep doing what you like.