Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#268224 - 27/10/2005 17:21 Last Minute Hotel Reservations
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
So since someone here seems to have the answer to just about every question... I find myself in need of a hotel room in Santa Barbara, CA for one night next weekend (Nov. 5th). I've tried all the major travel sites that I can think of and I can't find anything. Well, there is one hotel but it is almost $400 a night. I find it hard to believe that everything in the city is booked full for a non-holiday weekend in what should be the off season. Requirements are that it be in the city, girlfriend acceptable (she is pretty relaxed, but it needs to be clean at least and if it isn't a "name brand" hotel it should be fairly nice), and $200 at most. Affordable B&B type places might also work, but I can't find a good online reservation system for them. Suggestions?

Thanks,
-Mike

#268225 - 27/10/2005 18:12 Re: Last Minute Hotel Reservations [Re: mcomb]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Check out kayak.com. Someone here mentioned them before and they seem to do a great job. They have DO hotel prices for that night for as low as $79.

Edit: Or not. It helps if you type in the dates correctly. Still, $143 for a Holiday Inn Express in Carpintiera.

Edit again: Oh.
In the city. Helps if I read, too. Still, there are a lot of listings that ask you to call and many of them look decent.

Edited by wfaulk (27/10/2005 19:03)

#268226 - 27/10/2005 18:41 Re: Last Minute Hotel Reservations [Re: mcomb]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
This looks like a nice B&B: http://www.glenboroughinn.com/

#268227 - 27/10/2005 20:06 Re: Last Minute Hotel Reservations [Re: wfaulk]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Quote:
Edit: Or not. It helps if you type in the dates correctly. Still, $143 for a Holiday Inn Express in Carpintiera.

Yeah, that was actually my backup plan already, but I was hoping to get into someplace in S.B.

Anyway, thanks for the Kayak.com suggestion. Unfortunately I just went through every hotel they list in SB with a website and they are just about universally booked full. There are a couple without websites that I can try and call later.

Quote:

Hmm, one available room at the top end of my price range. Gonna have to think about that. Ah, nevermind, they have a two night minimum stay. Unless they do a special next week like the one they are running for the current weekend, one more call I guess.

Thanks,
-Mike

#268228 - 27/10/2005 23:18 Re: Last Minute Hotel Reservations [Re: wfaulk]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Quote:

Glenborough Inn it is. Thanks for the research help Bitt.

-Mike

#268229 - 28/10/2005 12:06 Re: Last Minute Hotel Reservations [Re: mcomb]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I can recommend a B&B for cambridge. We stayed at a place called Tenison Towers and the woman who owned the place was extremely nice. You also get a nice English breakfast.

I just happened to have my MP3 player with me today which has all my pictures from the trip:

Attachments
268311-IMG_2505.JPG (75 downloads)