Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#276937 - 07/03/2006 16:27 iPod settlements
DWallach
carpal tunnel

On a whim, I was wondering when I might get my $50 Apple gift certificate for the 2nd-gen iPod battery problems. If you go to the law firm's site, it says:

Quote:
February 17, 2006- The Claims Administrator will mail $25 checks to Class Members who purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan and obtained battery repair/replacement under the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Beginning of March 2006- For Class members who own a First or Second Generation iPod and who selected the $25 cash payment, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing $25 checks to those who submitted valid claims.

Middle of March 2006- For Class members who own a Third Generation iPod and who selected battery/iPod replacement, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters containing instructions for battery/iPod replacement to those who submitted valid claims.

Middle of March 2006- For Class members who own a First, Second or Third Generation iPod and who selected a $50 store credit, the Claims Administrator will begin mailing letters with certificate codes for the $50 store credit to those who submitted valid claims.

Around March 17, 2006- The Claims Administrator will begin sending deficiency letters to Class members who submitted an incomplete/incorrect claim.

End of March 2006- The Claims Administrator will send denial letters to those individuals who do not fit the class definition or who submitted their claims past the claims deadline.

We sincerely appreciate your patience during the claims fulfilling process. We can assure you that the Claims Administrator is working diligently to process and fulfill the approximately 125,000 claims it has received to date. To expedite the settlement distribution process, please respond to any notices of deficiency you may receive right away. You will have 60 days to make changes to your claim form to remedy any deficiencies.

So, there you go. My gift certificate should be showing up any day now...

#276938 - 07/03/2006 18:46 Re: iPod settlements [Re: DWallach]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
You forgot to include the April timeline.

It starts by the law firm counting their millions. Then come a couple of sports cars, a plane, a few trips around the world and at least a couple of small yachts.

Bruno