Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#336856 - 08/09/2010 10:24 Letter of conformance/compliance for "No crypto in export"
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ok, I'm a little stumped, but I'm sure a sample or blanket form must exist online somewhere for the purpose I need. I just can't find anything.

I need a declaration that the goods/software I'm exporting contain no encryption/cryptographic devices.

Ideally I'd find something generic enough and as to the point as possible that I can modify it with my particulars.

Does anyone have such a document they can share or know where I can find one. I get pretty much only unrelated results when using Google today...

#336860 - 08/09/2010 12:48 Re: Letter of conformance/compliance for "No crypto in export" [Re: hybrid8]
larry818
old hand

Loc: Fullerton, Calif.
Are you sure you have to declare that you have no encryption? It seems they only have forms to declare that you do.

Have you asked the folks at export controls for a sample?

A lot of times folks make more out of an issue than in necessary. This seems it could be addressed by a one sentence letter: "Our <product description> contains no software encryption."

#336861 - 08/09/2010 12:55 Re: Letter of conformance/compliance for "No crypto in export" [Re: larry818]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
My last resort was just to write something myself, but I thought I'd see if there were any decent resources for something already written in a more "solemn" format. smile

My customer is in Russia and they'll be importing the goods via Finland more than likely. They'll be using the software and hardware as pat of systems they're putting together for institutional/educational sales. I've never been asked about this before, but then I've never dealt with this volume or this precise end-use.

#336863 - 08/09/2010 13:52 Re: Letter of conformance/compliance for "No crypto in export" [Re: hybrid8]
larry818
old hand

Loc: Fullerton, Calif.
I couldn't find anything canada specific, but on usa forms, there is an "export classification" that needs to be assigned on the basic export form. I used "g-dest" which means it can go anywhere (my stuff was going directly to Russia). Things with encryption needed a different classification with additional forms.

Try calling UPS, their international folks seem to know a lot.