Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#360240 - 11/11/2013 18:43 What to do in St. Louis
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
I'm headed that way on Sat and some of the meetings I was hoping for never materialized. Looks like I'll have a day and a half to kill.

Any thoughts on what I should do or see. I've never been to St. Louis before.

Things to note:

1. I don't drink alcoholic beverages, so breweries or bars hold little appeal to me except for historical interest.

2. I like history and culture

3. I'm not beyond cheesy touristy stuff if it's worth the time.

4. I like geocaching

5. I'll be by myself

6. I like meeting fellow empeggers as long as they are not weirder than I am smile

#360242 - 11/11/2013 21:31 Re: What to do in St. Louis [Re: JBjorgen]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I was surprisingly impressed by the Arch and the ride up to the top. Mind you, we did it on a non-holiday Monday, so, things might be different for you on the weekend.

We actually only did the Arch because the City Museum was closed on Mondays, and we didn't realize that fact when we'd planned our visit there. Still haven't had a chance to see it. Wanted to.

#360246 - 12/11/2013 17:59 Re: What to do in St. Louis [Re: tfabris]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

I'll be there Sunday afternoon and Monday. The Arch was the one thing I was aware of. I'll give that a try.

#360358 - 22/11/2013 14:03 Re: What to do in St. Louis [Re: JBjorgen]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Enjoyed going up in the arch and the museum and Lewis and Clark movie. Almost went and saw Argentina vs. Bosnia Herzegovina soccer match monday night, but decided that dropping $100 to sit by myself would suck. Caught "12 years a slave" at a local theater instead. After a day of seeing how the US government lied to and repeatedly screwed the native americans for over 100 years and then an evening of watching the reality of the slave trade, I was a little saddened by what we as humans are capable of and what we can justify as good and normal. All in all a good trip though.

Attachments
arch.jpg