You might recall I previously talked about streaming CD101 from Columbus via my phone and a bluetooth adapter to my empeg.

Well, nearly 3 years ago, CD101 (by then CD102.5) dropped their stream. At long last, tired of my alternatives, I have a solution to the problem in my hand: a disused Nokia N900.

The N900 has an FM tuner. There is are ports of icecast and gstreamer for it. Someone already figured out how to do this tho their instructions are both stale and incomplete.

I installed the n900-fmrx-enabler and tweaked its example script to set up a stream (at boot); made it start icecast at boot; installed a DDNS client and configured it; and then after discovering that pwnat wouldn't help, made it make a persistent ssh tunnel with port reverses to my house, where my plan is to ultimately set up a icecast proxy for myself.

I just need to find a friendly place to drop it (the n900, a power adapter, and the rubber duck antenna now protruding from its headphone jack) on wifi in columbus, and I'm good to go!