Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#371399 - 20/11/2018 02:22 Chromecasts now support multi room synched music playback.
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I know that some people on this forum have, in the past, been interested in multi-room synched music playback. Saw this and thought of y'all.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/19/1810...k-support-added

#371400 - 20/11/2018 04:57 Re: Chromecasts now support multi room synched music playback. [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I always wondered why this wasn't part of Chromecasts already. This has been possible with Chromecast Audio devices for a couple years now, but I've never been able to add the Chromecast on my TV to the group.

Chromecast is still a little more wonky than the competition, but well worth the very small investment required. Last year we through a huge end of summer BBQ, and I decided to spend $70 on a couple more Chromecast audios. I put one on a set of computer speakers on the back deck, and another in our front room where the appetizer table was, and we filled the party area with synchronized music for approximately $1000 less than a Sonos system. Sure, it didn't sound as nice, but when everyone is talking, who cares?