Here is the deal.
I have a laptop that I normally logon onto a domain with. When I am not connected to the domain, I still log on with the same username, and it uses a cached profile. This all works fine. Then, today I tried to connect to a workgroup at home. I changed the setting in Properties under Network Identification. Now, it will not let me change it back to the domain setting, as I am not connected to the domain at the moment. Is there any way to force it to accept the new domain without being connected to it? What I really need to be able to do is use my cached profile for the domain. The profile I had for the workgroup does not have the same shortcuts, etc. and now I cant access all my programs. I figure once I am physically connected to the domain I will be able to change the setting back to the domain name, but until then is there any way to access that cached profile?
Sorry to bring my problems to you guys, but I am sure that there are many people here much more knowledgable in win2k than I.