Is it normal to bend 17" wheels with 215/45R17 tires mounted on them? I don't think it is. Unfortunately with the Viggen it's so common that there is a class action law suit brewing.

When I go to the Saab BBS, all I see is people bitching about bending wheels left and right. One guy has bought 9 replacements already! Who the hell would keep buying them? I am looking for an opinion on how normal wheel bending is with non-Viggen wheels.

As you may have guessed, I bent two of my wheels. At about $400 a piece, I am not in the mood to replace them with the same. I know that the OEM for the Viggen wheels is Fondmetal. Perhaps that is a crappy brand?

I love the look of that style wheel on my car. There are a few look-alikes that are much cheaper. Would these brands be any better?
AT Italia - 5 Razzle
Moda - R1

There are also some other Saab rims that look pretty cool. Unlike the Viggen rims, I believe these to be made by Ronal.

Anyone have an opinion? I would like to see what people that don't own a Saab have to say about the wheel bending and brand preference. Here are what the OEM Viggen wheels look like: