So I've finally jumped on the RSS/aggregation bandwagon and I must say that I'm in love ... I had previously avoided it because I told myself that going through the rotation of bookmarks was part of my process at lunchtime and that if I aggregated, it would be too fast

Anyway, I was wrong. It tuns out that now I can be WAY more efficient because I only look at new material, so I am free to find a lot more sources of information ... I found a really cool program called NNTP/RSS (actually a java app, too, which is always nice) that basically runs as an NNTP (newsgroup) proxy for RSS feeds. So you can add all your RSS feeds into this thing through a web interface and access them through Mozilla Mail (or Outlook Express, etc). It's cool because I leave my email open all day anyway, so it's all in one place (same bolding-when-new-entries-appear, etc).

http://www.methodize.org/nntprss/ if you are interested ... It's obviously not perfect -- I've found a couple feeds that it had problems with. I've found I have the best success if when I add an RSS feed, I uncheck "validation" (so it doesn't verify it's correctly formatted) and then edit the feed and turn on "Parse At All Costs" (or something like that) -- this switches the parser so that if the main validating parser fails, it switches over to a desparate-last-attempt-parser -- seems to always work.

If only Strongbad and the Empeg BBS forums had RSS feeds now

ms