Today I spent a couple hours removing trojans and spyware from my parents' PC. The spyware infections seemed to coincide with my mom deciding to switch ISPs to PeoplePC. After doing some research, I found that PeoplePC has a background process that launches a lot of popup windows, and I'm guessing that at some point one of my parents accidentally clicked "yes" to install some ActiveX control or something, which in turn led to the influx of spyware and trojans.

Anywho, PeoplePC is now cancelled, and I'd like to find a good, cheap, no-frills replacement. Just a steady connection with no banner ads, no spyware, etc. Things like web space, lots of email accounts, etc. aren't important. After just a bit of searching, ISP.com seems reasonable, and I haven't been able to find any tales of them using banner ads or anything like that. Anyone have any other suggestions? ISP.com's base dialup package is $8.95, their "high speed" is $12.95 but from what I understand the "high speed dialup" stuff is a bunch of crap.

So, any suggestions?